“Solving Chronic Manufacturing Problem”|
Client had very high rejection which leads to Loss of 40 million Indian rupees as cost of Poor Quality.
The manufacturing processes includes – Pressure Die casting and machining
Sector – Automotive
EBS Assessment Process:
Done a detailed operational assessment as per EBS unique methodology .
The initial assessment identified following area of improvement :-
Project Approach & Deployment Solution from EBS:
- The Manufacturing process is not validated with proper systematic approach
- FMEA of the process not capturing all the variation and not linked to DFMEA ,MSA & SPC
- The SOP of the process which is followed by operator is not defined properly
- Manufacturing process audit is not done within the organisation
- Company has not followed structure Six Sigma tools to resolve the existing chronic manufacturing problems
EBS strongly believes in starting with Process Approach for resolving any business issues.
- Establishment of Process in line with PFMEA approach covering incoming source of variation and closely monitoring the process dominance which leads to problems
- Linking of all the TPM concepts with FMEA process characteristics
- Detailed MSA study done related to the blow hole checking and established proper R&R as required for the process.
- Done detailed analysis of variation using various advanced statistical tools and improvement points indentified.
- As per the detailed study the luger speed and die coat application time changed
- The runner design of the die changed
- The cooling system modified to ensure that the temperature is between 132 to 152 at various places
- Melting of aluminium ingot only is melting furnace
- The specification of the RM changed as per the study using Paired comparison ( tool)
- The Manufacturing Audit introduced
- PFMEA. SPC, MSA, TPM all effectively integrated and also same is integrated with Supplier Processes.
- Weekly review by Production head introduced to ensure deployment of revised processes , SOP and capturing of Data related to Blow hole rejection
- Operator has been trained to follow SOP points and Trained to capture causes whenever rejection observed after the machining process , The data captured on daily basis along with Quality person
- 10 % productivity improvement
- COPQ due to blow hole rejection came down to 2 million per year
- 20% reduction in Machine Breakdown