|“Operational Excellence in E Publishing”
The client is one of the leading e publishing organizations. Catering to well known publisher across the globe having 8 Business verticals.
In one of the important business vertical they had following challenges
The service delivery processes includes Incoming inspection, typesetting, graphics, Copy editing project management activities
- On time delivery Improvement
- Productivity Improvement
- Rework reduction
- Customer Complaints
EBS Assessment Process:
Done a detailed operational assessment as per EBS unique methodology.
The initial assessment identified following area of improvement:-
Project Approach & Deployment Solution from EBS:
- The Service delivery process is not effectively defined and documented keeping end to end requirements
- High level of rework in different activities.
- Structured approach was not followed for Effective analysis of customer complaint and Internal rework.
- Project management was more of departmental activity rather than multidisciplinary approach.
EBS strongly believes in starting with Process Approach for resolving any business issues.
- The Service delivery process is not validated with proper systematic approach
- Business Process FMEA of the end to end order fulfilment process is not analysed for variation in the process and the current controls
- Project management was dept based rather than team based to deliver required services on time
- Effective project review was not practices in the organization leading to reactive analysis of the issues
- The Agents were not sensitized to customer importance and loss or revenues
- More focus was given on inspection than identifying the Risk associated with process and to conduct effective contract review within the organisation
- Dept KRA was monitored
- Customer complaint Handling system was not effective to implement the corrective action to avoid the recurrence of the problem
- Company has not followed structure Six Sigma tools to resolve the existing chronic process problems.
- Customer order fulfilment process is redefined with all the stake holders responsible for delivering services to the customer
- Cross function Team formed for effective implementation of the process
- Effective project management system developed and project review mechanism introduced
- Risk assessment system is introduced to proactively identify all the risk associated with the project and systems developed to identify and mitigation actions to overcome the risk
- Established Business process FMEA for all the activities to identify the potential Rework elements and related caused and controls were analysed
- Recommended actions are developed to overcome the rework
- Errors are categorized and individual process agents are re trained on the repetitive errors
- Effective customer complain handling system developed in line with 7 Discipline of problem solving and focus given more on effective root cause analysis.
- Process audit system introduced.
- Process based KRA developed.
- Daily review by Team leaders and Weekly review by Business Unit Head introduced to ensure deployment of revised processes
- Weekly project review meeting with CFT started
- Weekly customer complaint review system started
- Quarterly BPFMEA review and recommended actions for the repetitive issues are reviewed for the results.
- Productivity improvement from 75% to 90%
- Customer complaint reduced from 53/Month to18 /Month
- On time delivery improved from 53% to 85%
- Rework reduced by (6000hour/ month to 500 hours/Month )
- 15 million Indian rupees additional revenue for the business unit